Accurately measuring time is of course the very essence of high-end watchmaking. Even more challenging, however, is to precisely divide seconds into the smallest possible fractions by means of a chronograph function. From the beginning, TAG Heuer has pioneered utmost precision and ever pushed limits of accuracy beyond conventional frontiers, making it today the undisputed master of every tiny fraction of time, 1/10th, 1/100th, 1/1,000th and 5/10,000th of a second.
With the new TAG HEUER CARRERA MIKROGRAPH AVANT-GARDE 1/100TH SECOND, TAG Heuer continues to explore the concept of the dual chain launched in January 2011. This technology allows, in an integrated mechanical movement, the elimination of cross-interference between the watch and the chronograph, and paves the way for an authentic dual-certification timepiece.
This game-changing innovation combines two assortments beating at 28,800 and 360,000 beats/hour respectively. It offers unrivalled precision and chronometry thanks to the independence of its “normal speed” and “high speed” watchmaking chains.
- Black external part & fine brushed anthracite internal part featuring 3 counters
- Solid rose-gold (18K 5N) “100” hand applied arabic numerals
- Solid rose-gold (18K 5N) hour and minute hands with luminescent markers
- Solid rose-gold (18K 5N) small second hand
- Diameter: 45mm
- Titanium grade 5 with black titanium carbide coating case
- Solid rose-gold (18K 5N) crown overmolded with black rubber
- Solid rose gold (18K 5N) push buttons
- Polished, fine brushed and sandblasted solid rose gold (18K 5N) horns
- Hand-sewn black alligator strap with soft touch effect
- Engraved rotating mass: XX/50
- COSC certified (watch)
- 480 components
- 68 jewels
- Power reserve: watch: 42 hours, chronograph: 90 minutes
- 1/100th second chronograph function
- 2 balance wheels
- Automatic bi-directionnal rewinding system